- Ready to use easy grip spray bottle for convenient clean ups
- Saves time and money! Why replace urine stained items when you can clean them
- Perfect for cleaning hard and soft surfaces, especially walls, flooring, grout and fabrics
- Special thicker formula, perfect for "tomcat" urine sprayed on vertical surfaces
- Pheromone blockers help train cats from future marking.
- Tough formula works on even old stains, removing odor & old urine deposits.
- Removes urine odor and stains from litter boxes, leaving them clean and fresh smelling.
- Use with Urine Finder Mini-LED Inspection Light to find the source of invisible odors.
Urine Off is the only product that carries the “Seal of Approval” from the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI), the U.S. Carpet Authority.
Urine Off is the only product endorsed by Interface Flooring for efficiency and is the official show-ring cleaning agent for Crufts, the world’s largest dog show.
All Urine Off products are “Green”; they meet strict EU standards for biodegradability.
How well does Urine Off® work?
- So well that even long-neglected problem areas with the highest concentrations of urine residue are quickly taken care of...
- So well that even dogs and cats can't detect the urine odor, which greatly aids in breaking unwanted behavior patterns.
How Does Urine Off® Work?
To understand how Urine Off® works, it is important to know a little about urine. Urine, whether human or animal, has three main components.
1. Urea, a slightly sticky substance;
2. Urochrome, gives urine its yellow color
3. Uric Acid, is a mild acid, rich in nitrogen.
Uric acid contains non-soluble salt crystals, which present the biggest challenge to removing urine from surfaces and fabrics.
The first two components can be washed away with ordinary cleaning and commercially-available urine odor products, but the uric acid crystals are extremely insoluble and remain tightly bonded to the surface. After initial cleaning and drying with ordinary products, it may appear that the problem is solved. However, any type of moisture will reactivate those remaining crystals and the smell returns, as strong as ever.
There are a number of urine odor products available to the retail customer. Most are composed of surfactants (detergents) and a masking agent. A few also employ enzymes and some use alcohol as a solvent. Still others are chemicals, whose molecules encapsulate, or coat, the urine molecules "seal in" the odor. The shortcomings of these approaches are that the odor is usually addressed only temporarily, and the stain most times not at all. None appear to have success with old, dried urine deposits.
In the case of pets, the problem is compounded because of their territory-marking behavior and their very acute sense of smell. Even when the urine odor has been rendered imperceptible to humans, animals detect it and are compelled to re-apply their own scent! So once an animal has "gone" in one spot, they frequently return to it again and again, no matter what we do.
But now... there is Urine Off® The enzymes in UO are specifically developed to work in combination with our specially adapted microorganisms (bacteria) that actually "eat" the uric acid crystals, in addition to removing the other components of urine. Effectively removing these crystals is what distinguishes Urine Off® from the rest of the products we've tested.
With the source of the odor AND the stain removed, the problem is solved. Urine Off® has a pleasant citrus fragrance and even that disappears when the product dries.